10:55 am Bowl of apple cinnamon oatmeal...mmmm....
See how cheerful and helpful I look? Don't you just want to ask me a question?
Basically, my job consists of answering students' questions, talking down angry parents on the phone, and filing. Our office also processes all of COM's Graduate School applications, so lately we've been doing a lot of those (hence the reason I was in COM both days last weekend). Last year, I was promoted to Senior Office Assistant (big moment in my life). This basically means I get to tell the other office assistants what to do. I don't really do it, but it's nice to know that I can.
Just look at me in action...
What makes my job so great isn't really the job itself. I tell my boss, Bryan, I'm quitting every other day, actually. This usually happens when any one of the following things happens: the heat is broken in COM and it's 80 degrees for a week straight in the office; there's a dead mouse rotting somewhere in the office that no one can find; it's graduate application season; a parent gets mad at me on the phone because their son or daughter is too stupid to go abroad or do an internship or, you know, return to school the following semester; a student gets mad at me because I tell them a class won't count for a requirement or they can't have the appointment time they want or they can't see an advisor this second, etc. After any of these situations I usually announce that I'm quitting and walk out. I always return though. Why? I think because the people I work with make dealing with obnoxious parents and annoying students worth it.
And I need money.
Love,
Tara
Storypeople quote that sums up my life right now:
"Money Matters"
I think of it as an opportunity to find out how much money means to me, she said. So far, it means a lot more than I think is probably healthy.

No comments:
Post a Comment