Tuesday, February 17, 2009

"You Look Awesome Today and Everyday"

Tuesday, February 17, 2009
6:43 pm The Village.

I make it a point to blog every other day. It's not a point I usually stick to, but it's a point nonetheless. Seeing as I last blogged on Sunday, today would be a blogging day.

But I can't think of anything to write about.

Well, okay, I can think of a few things, but they don't really go together.

First of all, I almost missed my bus this morning. By "almost missed" I mean I was standing at the bus stop waiting for 3 minutes before it came, instead of the usual ten. I had left my apartment and was at the little store downstairs, purchasing my breakfast of a power bar and a strawberry yogurt (they were out of cherry vanilla) when I realized I had left the lunch I packed upstairs. I raced back into my building, pressed the elevator button for the 10th floor about a hundred times (because that makes it go faster) and raced (in heels) back to my apartment where I grabbed my lunch, accidentally knocked over a cleaning lady, and raced (in heels) back to the elevator where I pressed the elevator button for the 1st floor about a hundred times (because that makes it go faster). Then I raced back (in heels) by the security guard (who I'd already said "Hi" to multiple times because of all the back and forth I was doing), and out into the streets of Boston. Then I waited at the bus stop until the bus came. A little anti-climatic, but a thrilling story nonetheless.

In other news, I screwed up horribly at my internship today. I probably shouldn't talk about it (Martha's watching), and I guess it wasn't "horrible" per say, but it was pretty stupid of me, and I looked dumb. Way to go, Tara.

The COM Student Services staff was supposed to go out to dinner at The Cheesecake Factory tonight, but it was postponed because Micha is sick. Each year, in honor of Grad App Season being over, the whole staff goes out on COM's dollar. It's great. And this year I can drink. It's going to be huge.

This morning I woke up to find that Maria had taped words of encouragement to all the mirrors in the apartment. She printed them off this guy's blog, so all of them have a picture of this random guy giving a thumbs up. It's pretty hilarious. For example, one of the pictures says this:

"Those jeans look smokin hot on that ass of yours."

I'm sparing you the more profane ones.

Finally, I had a dream the other night that the Headless Horseman was coming after me, but I wasn't scared - more excited. So, I skipped down a busy street singing Jason Mraz's "You and I."

I was really good.

Love,
Tara

No comments: