Sunday, September 21, 2008

You have several viable options regarding a business, health, or creative affair.

Sunday, September 21, 2008
1:24 pm My room


This weekend was awesome. Probably the best since I've been back at BU. Most of this is probably due to the fact that I actually let myself go out more than once this weekend, but still. It was excellent. Let's recap, shall we?

I'll begin with Thursday, because that's when the weekend starts when you're in college. I had a lovely day at my internship. They ordered lasagna from Upper Crust for all of us and it was delish until I realized I could taste cow. Turns out, I had taken a piece from the dead animal lasagna, not the vegetarian lasagna. Oops.

Anyway, internship was good, then I came back to the penthouse, and we all decided we were going to go to Joshua Tree that night. Maria and I went on a liquor run to Marty's, came home and ate, and then began the getting ready process. We all prettied ourselves up, and then everyone converged in Noelle's room to pregame.

We got to J Tree early, so there was almost no line which was very nice. It was very crowded, but we went downstairs to the dance floor and let loose. The beauty of J Tree is that you're guaranteed to run into at least 10 people you know because every BU student goes there on Thursday nights. I ran into a lot of people I hadn't seen since Spain. Tara Tequila was in all her glory.

Friday: Woke up a bit hungover. Went to the internship and Amanda gave us the assignment of running around Boston to find stores and restaurants that had just opened that we could feature. This was fun, except I was wearing new shoes that literally sliced my feet open. Came home exhausted at the end of the day, and a man on the T asked me why I looked so sad. I told him I was just tired.

I didn't go out Friday night, but hung out with everyone while they pregamed and danced to Tina Turner in our room. I was a little bummed about not going out because they were going to Liquor Store which was supposed to be great, but Maria texted me at 1:42 in the morning to say, "Liquor Store is gay," so I don't think I really missed out. The only thing I regret is not seeing Jess ride the mechanical bull.

Saturday morning I woke up relatively early and went to the gym for a quick elliptical sesh. That afternoon, I met Stephanie at the Prudential Center for lunch at the Cheesecake Factory. Before we left for school in August, Dad gave us each $50 gift cards to the Cheesecake Factory, with only one condition: we have to use them on each other. Lunch was yummy. We mostly talked about Kaitlyn, much to her delight, I'm sure. Then, we did a little shopping for Mom's bday (Sept. 25!), because we're going home next weekend to celebrate it.

After we parted ways, I came back to the room and cleaned and did some work. And by "did some work" I mean I took a nap. After dinner, Noelle came over, and as she and I painted our nails, we all discussed our plans for that evening. Maria, Erin, Noelle, and I all decided to go to Jake Ivory's over by Fenway to meet some of Erin's friends from Northeastern. We'd never been before, and were quite excited.

The bar was so great! There's an $8 cover, but it's this really cool piano bar where the guys sing and duel each other and everyone at the bar just dances and sings along. Erin's friends were really nice guys, and this guy bought me a drink as soon as I got there so I couldn't have been happier. Then the bouncer, Eddie, gave me purple beads as part of some hot girl contest and an invitation to his cage wrestling match. PLUS, I knew one of the guys playing piano! He went to GHS, so I talked to him a little while he was taking a break on stage. It was all pretty sweet.

Now, it's Sunday. I already went to the gym, so I think I'm going to clean my room, do some laundry, and get some work done before the Emmy's tonight. SO EXCITED. Anyway, I think the moral of this weekend is, sometimes you need to forget the negative, stressful things in your life, and just let yourself have fun.

So, I'll leave you with a line from a song they played at the bar last night, that Maria keeps blasting from her room:

I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier.

Love,
Tara


What I'm reading:
http://www.bostonmagazine.com/articles/how_the_moultons_made_peace_with_the_war/
http://www.vanityfair.com/politics/features/2008/09/zimbabwe200809
http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2008/03/10/080310fa_fact_collins
http://www.bostonmagazine.com/articles/he_s_with_tom/
http://www.style.com/vogue/feature/080108VFEA/

What I'm watching:
http://entertainment.msn.com/video/playern/?pid=2HLU_6evr__HBxqGVi6GzXEVAFNFvEq0&GT1=42003
http://www.new.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D6k8zS2P5cZQ&h=415b8130b0d9cc0ee56c6648239728a2

What I'm listening to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6ERe23kSBM

No comments: