Thursday, September 11
11:23 pm My room in the Penthouse
Today was an excellent day. Tuesday and Wednesday...not so good. But, today? Well done. Tuesday started well because I had my fav class, Feature Writing, in the morning, but it steadily went downhill when it started to pour, and I thought I was going to have to give a tour of COM that I didn't know how to give, and then I had another three hours of a painfully boring class, and then I went all the way out to Harvard to interview this guy for a story...and he didn't show up. By the time I got back to my dorm that night, I was a stressed, pissed off, mess. I even scared Maria when I came through the door, threw my back pack, and screamed. It felt good though.
Then, I woke up Wednesday, still in a bad mood, and hopped in the shower to get ready for work. In the midst of leaning back to rinse my hair, my entire neck seized up, and I was suddenly in excruciating pain. I could barely move my neck. Turns out, I'd had a neck spasm. And, according to the Internet, they're usually caused by... STRESS! Can you even believe it? I mean, when have I ever felt stress? So, I texted Ryan to tell him I couldn't come into work (I was working at Student Services that day), popped some Advil, and went back to bed. This may not sound like such a bad thing, but it hurt so bad that I couldn't even really enjoy it. Later, Ali gave me a heating pad thingy and Jess (she's a physical therapy major) came over to give me some stretches to do. Both things helped a lot. It still hurts, but it's much better.
One of the articles I read as I sat at my computer, supporting my neck with one hand and typing with another, said that when one gets a Charlie Horse of the neck, one should probably make some life adjustments to prevent it from happening again. It basically said to take it as a sign that your body is pissed at you. Never one to ignore random articles on the Internet, I took this advice to heart. I made a list of things that help me feel relaxed, made a homework schedule so that I do a little bit of work each night to prevent a panic attack on Monday nights before my Tuesday classes, and today, I bought an AirWick relaxation flameless candle for my room. The lavendar and chamomile scents are supposed to soothe me, but so far my room just smells like men's cologne.
Anyway...today. Woke up and went to the internship. It went by fairly speedily and painlessly. I got to run around returning belts and necklaces we had borrowed for a fashion shoot, so I got to pretend like I was the Boston version of Lauren Conrad. That was fun. I got an excellent salad from Au Bon Pain for lunch, and when I was walking back to work, a guy stopped me and said, "You know, you look beautiful." And I was like, "THANK YOU!" Because he didn't say it in a creepy, lecherous, perverted older man kind of way. He just said it in a 'I just think you should know' kind of way. It was very refreshing, especially considering usually when a creeper "compliments me" I have this overwhelming urge to rip off his penis and beat him with it. For example, this happened the other day when a homeless man got in my face and said "Heyyyy babyyyy, you'd be even prettier if you smiled," to which I responded, "What makes you think I want to be prettier?" Oooh, perverted homeless men are no match for my wit. Anyway, men reading this, take note.
When I got back to the office, they let me do a small write-up for a play coming to Boston which was vair exciting because I got to be cheeky in the blurb, and they're putting my name on it. After work, I came back to the penthouse briefly to change and eat before my interview with Harvard boy...again. Crossing my fingers that he'd actually show up this time, I walked into Au Bon Pain (Harvard Square) and realized... he was cute! Too bad he's a Republican. The interview went very well, and I used my handy tape recorder, something I haven't done before. I think it's going to make the story even better, because I have all the quotes word for word. I seriously got goosebumps listening to all the awesome quotes I got on the recording. I'm a nerd, I know.
When I got home, I found several of my friends in my living room, and on my computer Jess had left me a 40% coupon for Banana Republic for this weekend. Hurray!
Now, I'm showered and ready for bed. I'd like to do some work, but I'm just too tired. I think I'll just crawl into bed with some Grey's Anatomy reruns and Tostitos and cheese dip. Not exactly healthy, but whatever. I deserve it. Mmmmm....
Love,
Tara
Creamy White Chicken Chili (Crockpot)
2 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment