Monday, December 1, 2008
7:02 pm My horoscope is really bizarre today
Happy December! Sooo, since it's been a week since I've blogged, I figure I should update you all on each part of my life.
1.) Family Life
Well, Thanksgiving was just a delight for my family... because I was there. Kidding! I spent most of the break with my fam because I became deathly ill (slight exaggeration), but it was really fun. There's nothing like four different people coming in and out of your bedroom in the morning, trying to hold conversations with you, to start the day right. For the actual Tofurkey Day, we went to Gma's in Suffield. Dinner was delish and it was good to spend time with Grandma, Leo, and Auntie Ellie. My sisters, mother, and I were inducted into the family tradition of playing Tripoly. I was a natural (of course) and won 45 cents! At home that night, my family busted out Clue, another family tradition. We played a newer version, though, which made things a little more exciting. I would have won, had I not made a stupid math error. Dad won instead. I am not a good loser.
2.) Personal Life
The problem with going home to see all your old friends and family is you will undoubtedly be asked the same question a dozen times: Any boyfriends? If you have one, it's great because you can smile all coyly and say, "Welllll...." and then everybody freaks out and wants to know everything. When you don't, as was my case, you have to say something uncomfortable like, "Oh, uh, no. I mean, not right now. Just, uh, you know, well, I mean, no, I guess not." And then your friends' eyes get really big and they act all supportive, "Well, that's really good! It's good to take some time for yourself! I really admire that! That's great." And their voices are always really high-pitched when they say it. So, yeah. I'm, uh, you know, just living my life, I, uh, I guess. I was actually just talking to my friend, Javi, from Madrid. He asked me if I was seeing anyone, and I said no (way easier to do online), and he responds, "Wow, T. No wonder you go to the gym all the time." Jajaja...
3.) Health
Despite the fact that I was sick over the break, I'm feeling relatively healthy. I do, however, want to lose a pound and a half by Christmas Break. Are you done rolling your eyes? Anyone I tell this to spends about 3 minutes rolling their eyes and then says "If you need to lose weight, then how much do I need to lose?" Shh, this isn't about you. I gained weight while I was abroad in Spain (also known as, "The Semester of Carbs"), and I would like to get back to normal. If I lose a pound and a half by the break, I will be back to normal. Therefore, I am counting calories. This makes me irritable. However, being hot and thin makes me happy. It's quite a paradox.
4.) Politics
Hilary Clinton!!!!! That is all.
5.) Social Life
Now that the semester is winding down, lots of holiday/end of semester invites have been popping up. I'm hoping I can keep my workload under control so I can attend some of them. I'd hate for my education to get in the way of my college experience. My friends and I are planning on doing a Secret Santa, just like we did last year. In fact, we're picking names tonight. You might think this would be a simple process, but, alas, it is not. Last year it took us 45 minutes. I kid you not. Because somebody always gets someone they dont want and they go and yell out who they have so we have to do it all over again. Maturity is not always something my dear friends possess. I am also beginning preparations for the Yankee Swap I've done with my friends from home since senior year of high school. Every year I transform the basement into a winter wonderland (another slight exaggeration), so my friends can eat and drink and fight over gifts. Every year I end up in tears from laughing so hard. It's great.
6.) Academics
Two weeks from today, I will have completed my last fall semester at BU. That's pretty crazy. I'd love to savor these last two weeks, but unfortunately, my school work is getting in the way. I have two final projects and my internship evaluation paper to complete within the next two weeks which means STRESS. But I'm okay with it. I mean, I'm not, but I figure I'll just go hard for the next two weeks and then recover at home. Or in Disney World... we're leaving on the 27th :).
7.) Work
My internship with the Improper is coming to a close. I will miss everyone I worked with, especially all the interns I became very close with. I think next Thursday is my last day. I did, however, get the internship with Body & Soul magazine, which I am beyond excited about. I start there in January. The bus from Boston to Watertown is about an hour (Dad says I should bike. Ugh.), but the commute is totally worth it to work for such a great magazine. I can't wait to start! As for paying jobs, Student Services is full of holiday cheer now that I've forced everyone to listen to Lite 100.5 WRCH as it streams through the office computer. It's all holiday music, all the time. It's great. We're also going to be doing our annual office "Secret Holiday Dude" (that's PC for Secret Santa), which I always enjoy. Aaaand then of course, once the semester is over, it's back to the toy store. It's so nice to be able to go back there whenever I'm home to make a little extra money. I worked there over Thanksgiving Break, and I almost didn't mind the rude mothers and screaming children. I especially love working right before Christmas because you're just so busy helping people and wrapping presents you don't notice that the six hours have passed and it's time to go home. On Saturday, Stephanie, Kaitlyn, and I were all working at the same time when Grandma stopped in, and then Mom stopped in. It was like a family reunion.
In other news, I have put together my Holiday Viewing Guide, a list of all the holiday specials and when they will be on. Want me to forward it to you? Because I totally could. It's a little scary how excited I get when I look at it...
Love,
Tara
Creamy White Chicken Chili (Crockpot)
2 years ago

1 comment:
I am mature, you jerk!
... and you scare me.
I've already had to turn down parties and start double booking. It's going to be a long two weeks. Maybe.
Post a Comment