Tuesday, December 9
11:59 pm I am a victim!
Have you seen this video? Watch it, then read on.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xZp-GLMMJ0
Ridiculous, right? Especially when they're all at the football game because they look like they're straight out of a cult. Anyway, they're also HILARIOUS, and it would have made an excellent gag gift for my mom because she's always cold. But then Snuggies Inc. stole the contents of my wallet just like a pick pocket would target an unsuspecting American girl in a bar in Spain... but I digress...
After a week of no food or sleep, I finally finished all my final projects today, and I was looking forward to a little online shopping. I thought a Snuggie, while completely ridiculous, would make a delightful little gift for the always freezing Mama G. I mean, a blanket with sleeves? She'd wear it all the time. So, I googled "Snuggies" and found the official website. It looks totally legit! I mean, they were advertised on the QVC for goodness sakes! So, I click, pick a color (sage green), enter a little personal credit card information, check my order, wham, bam, thank you, ma'am, order complete. At $37.56.
WHAT???? I cried, nearly spitting out my Crystal Light. Then I looked at the order again. TWO sage green Snuggies and TWO book lights. Puh-scuse me? I said to my computer. My computer flickered to show its confusion, as well. Now, I KNOW I did not order two sage green Snuggies and two book lights, but there was no way to check my order or cancel it. So, I googled "how to cancel my Snuggie order" and ALL these links popped up about how Snuggies are a scam and nobody's been receiving them and how their customer service number isn't a real number. All good things to know before one places an order, but I digress...
Well, I was just not going to stand for this and neither was my bank account... mostly because there isn't enough money in there for two sage green Snuggies and a couple of book lights, but I digress. So, I went to the source - good ol' BofA. That's right, I called Bank of America. I'm on a first name basis with several of the operators there because I've had problems with my checking card/account so many times (these "problems" are mostly human error, but I digress). After trying several different Customer Service numbers and getting connected to all sorts of departments, I finally spoke with a "representative" who could help me. She asked me what the problem was. Here's the condensed version of our conversation:
T: "Hi, well, I was doing a little online shopping, and I'm pretty sure I just gave my check card information to this website that was a total scam."
Rep (with Southern accent): (pause) Well, I'm sorry to hear that ma'am.
T: Seriously. Me too.
Rep: Well, I can go ahead and freeze your account if you'd like.
T: Nice. Freeze it. Please.
Rep: Ok, I'm just -
T: WAIT! Am I going to be able to get money from my account?
Rep: Yes ma'am, if you would like, instead of mailing you your new card, you can stop by any of our Bank of America locations, and they will issue you a temporary card.
T: Ok, great, thanks. I'll do that. I'm going Christmas shopping with my sister on Thursday.
Rep: (pause) You're very welcome, ma'am. Is there anything else I can do for you today?
T: I don't think so. Thanks a lot for your help. I really appreciate it.
Rep: You're very welcome ma'am. Now you have a good rest of your evening and a very Happy Holidays.
T: You too! Don't buy Snuggies!
Rep: I'm sorry, ma'am?
T: Er, nothing.
Love,
Tara
Creamy White Chicken Chili (Crockpot)
2 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment