Sunday, April 5, 2009
10:28 am Where do I begin?
Last night I attended "Epic Saturday Night" at the Roxy, New England's leading weekly gay dance event. And it was everything I dreamed it could be. A bunch of people from COM (and by "people" I mean real adults in their late 20s who have careers and real lives) hang out after work and on the weekends, and now that Mark and I are 21 we decided we wanted to join. Last night was quite an induction.
To be honest, I wasn't really looking forward to going. Maria, Brett, Brian and I went to J Tree to watch the UCONN game last night. If UCONN won, I was going to get at least second place in the pool, which was worth $50. If UCONN won and then UNC beat them, I was going to win it all. Read: $230. So, when UCONN lost I was not in a good mood. The only thing that cheered me up was being surrounded by lots of young men in UCONN jerseys. The thought of leaving that to be surrounded by uninterested, gay men did not appeal to me. Nevertheless, I left J Tree, ran home to change, and then ran to Mark's so we could go together. Yes, I actually ran that whole time.
I knew the night was going to be an interesting one when Mark and I decided to try out his roommate's breathalizer. Commonly used to prevent over-drinking, Mark and his roommates use it to see who can get the highest reading. This is what's about to graduate in a month and a half, America... So, Mark tries it out and gets like 0.04. Then I try and get like, 0.146! For the record, there is no way I was that high. I'd had two beers at J Tree, and was in the middle of a rum and coke at Mark's. We think because I sipped my drink and then did the breathalizer, I made the reading higher than it should be. I'm going to go with that...
So then Mark and I take a cab to Club Cafe to meet everyone, and as soon as we get out of the cab Mark realizes he left his phone in it. The cab had just pulled away, so Mark goes running after it, sprinting down Columbus Ave trying to flag down the cab. Just when Mark starts to give up, the cab takes a left turn and gets stopped at a light, and he was able to get his phone.
We go in to Club Cafe, a gay bar, and meet up with everyone. My boss Bryan, who is ridiculous sober, was hilarious with a few drinks in him. After a quick pregame sesh, we all walked over to the Roxy. On the way, a drag queen started walking with our group and left lipstick smudges all over the boys.
The Roxy was great! It was actually really nice to be able to dance like crazy and not get hit on! There was no line for the ladies room, and the bartender remembered me because I was one of like, five girls in the whole place. I ran into my friend, Ricky, and the whole night was just so fun.
Everything would have been perfect, had I not left my wallet in the cab on the way home at 3 in the morning. I woke up this morning and had a feeling something was wrong. I checked my phone - nope, I didn't drunk dial anyone I shouldn't have. I checked for my purse - yep, it was there. I checked inside my purse - keys, bank card, free condoms that Jen kept taking off the tables and handing to me, but nooooo wallet. Of-freaking-course. So, I tear my room apart looking for it, only to remember taking it out in the cab on the way home to give Mark money, and not exactly remembering if I ever put it back. Uuuughhhhh. Luckily, there was no money in it and my bank card and student ID were in my purse. The only important thing in it was my license, which I have to get renewed when I go home next weekend anyway. But still. So I call the cab service and they direct me to the Boston Police Department Carriage & Hackney Division (how much do you love that name???), which oversees all of the cabs in Boston and has one giant Lost & Found for all of the cab services. Obviously, they're not open on Sundays, but I filed a report online, and I'm hoping they have it. If they don't, someone else is going to be using my CVS card and has one extremely attractive license photo of me... NOT.
So, I'm bummed about the license thing and feeling like I should tell my mom, but a little nervous about the impending lecture. But, being the honest daughter that I am, I call home anyway. Here is a slightly condensed version of the conversation:
*Ring, Ring*
Stephanie (she's home for Zak's bday): Hello?
Me: Hey, what are you doing?
Stephanie: Nothing. What's up?
Me: Nothing. Can I talk to Mom?
Stephanie: Yes, but only if you tell me why you want to talk to her.
Me: I want to talk to her because I left my wallet in a cab last night.
Stephanie: (Gasp) Tara! She's going to be so mad at you!
Me: Well, there wasn't anything important in it! Just my license!
Stephanie: Okay, here she is.
Mom: Hi! There's a line outside the laundry room to talk to you!
Me: Aww. Wait, who? You and Steph?
Mom: Well, yeah. You only need two people to make a line.
Me: Sooo, last night was really fun, but I think I left my wallet in the cab...
Mom: Oh, Tara!
Me: Buttherewasn'tanythingimportantinitbecauseIdidn'thaveanymoneyinitand
mybankcardwasinmypursesoreallyit'sjustmylicenseIdon'thavebutIhavetogetthat
renewednextweekendanyway!
Mom: Okay, well that's lucky. Hold on a sec, your sister wants to talk to you.
Me: ...Okay.
Kaitlyn: Hi.
Me: Hey.
Kaitlyn: I just wanted to say, smooth shootin', Junior.
She's so supportive.
Love,
Tara
Creamy White Chicken Chili (Crockpot)
2 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment