Monday, May 11, 2009
12:48 pm And so the countdown begins...
Once again, I'm not sure what to blog about, but I told myself I'd take advantage of this week's free time by blogging every day, so I'm determined to do just that. I'm sitting in a booth in the dining hall at Warren Towers, watching the few people who are left on campus eating their salad bar salads and mystery lasagna. They don't even look hungry... they're just like me, trying to stuff their faces full of free food while they can.
Even though it's Senior Week, I'm trying to be productive. The nights are jam-packed, but while most seniors are spending their days sleeping off hangovers, I've got a to-do list to attend to. It goes a little something like this...
Everyday, the list contains the following:
- work out
- get dressed/do hair
- read for 30 min. (magazine or book... I alternate.)
- sun for 30 min. (don't want to be pasty at graduation...)
- tone (don't want to be flabby at graduation...)
- apply to one real job (don't want to be jobless at graduation...although I probably will be.)
- apply to one part-time/summer job (for until the real job comes along)
- contact one network person
- practice speech once (lately, my heart beat gets faster if anyone says anything that sounds like the word "speech." The other day a freshman was talking about grabbing a peach, and I almost knocked her over, I turned around so fast.)
- blog/write
- update budget
- pack for 30 min.
In addition to the above list, I have another To Do list of miscellaneous items I have to get done in the next week. Today's is:
- deposit check
- fix speech (just some tweaking...)
- write first letter (A few of my friends and I decided to write goodbye letters to each other. This has been on my list all week because I can't bring myself to start.)
- do exit loan counseling (It takes 45 minutes and there's a quiz at the end! But if I don't do it, they won't give me my diploma. I have a feeling this isn't the last time I'll be cursing my loans...)
- buy a clips binder (you know, for all those interviews I have lined up... ... ...)
- wipe down and vacuum room
There you go. Just a little more insight into my neuroses. Now I can check "blog/write" off my list.
What a rush.
Love,
Tara
Creamy White Chicken Chili (Crockpot)
2 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment