Wednesday, May 13, 2009

"Not My Style."

Wednesday, May 13, 2009
3:19 pm Just ate popcorn that's "best by" date was April 2008...

I'm starting to get anxious. About my speech. I keep coming up with these "what if" scenarios when I'm in the shower or at the gym or laying in bed at night, and they're scaring me. What if I trip? What if I talk too fast? What if I have a coughing fit in the middle of the speech? What if no one laughs? What if no one claps? What if???

My friends are worried for me too. Noelle told me she had a dream I tripped during graduation. "But you got back up, Girl!" she added when she saw my look of horror. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed the dream wasn't some kind of psychic premonition.

I try to only practice the speech once a day because a professor gave me the advice not to over-practice, but I still find myself running through the speech as I walk down the street. Today, on my way to the gym, I was running through the speech and trying to think of what I would do if I tripped walking up to the podium and then couldn't do my speech because I was so flustered. What would I do if I crashed and burned?

As soon as I thought of crashing and burning, I had another thought: "You won't. That's not your style."

And I immediately felt better.

Crashing and burning just isn't my style.

Love,
Tara

No comments: