Tuesday, May 5, 2009

"These Are a Few of My Favorite Things..."

Tuesday, May 5, 2009
11:33 am I'm sick!

Sooo, the day after my 22nd birthday I caught a cold (on top of my allergies), so now I'm laying in bed, trying to shake off the Nyquil. In honor of cinco de Mayo, here's a list of five of my favorite things, right now:

1.) "Hoping to Fall" by Storypeople

Leaning out as far as she can, hoping she'll fall soon, so she can stop worrying about whether it will happen or not.

For those who don't know, Storypeople makes these great drawings that accompany different quotes. I discovered them when I was younger at a gallery in Cape May and became obsessed. They have a saying for anything, and sometimes I just sit at my computer, clicking through quotes, when I want to procrastinate. I even get a daily quote sent to my email account. I have two of the drawings framed in my room: "Different Plans" (so relevant to my life right now) and "Presence of Mind", and I just found out they're coming out with little charms to put on a necklace or bracelet. If you haven't explored Storypeople before, you definitely should.


This blog post had me laughing for about an hour. It starts off a little slow, but it's hilarious in its entirety. I guarantee you'll be able to think of people for each category. I told Kaitlyn she fit into the "People Who Claim They Are Afraid of Clowns" category. Then she told me I fit into the "People Who Are Secret Hookers" category. BURN.

3.) This photo of Kaitlyn

Speaking of Kaitlyn... check out this dramatic photo of her sitting in front of Boston University's College of Fine Arts. When she came up two weekends ago to tour the school and spend the weekend with Stephanie and me, I made her pose in front of the CFA while I took a picture on my Blackberry. I told her to "look dramatically into the abyss." It scares me, because she would fit right in with the CFA kids.


4.) My new dresses

Before my birthday party on the night of the 2nd, Maria and I spent the day running in and out of stores in the Prudential Building and Copley Mall. With Senior Week rapidly approaching we needed outfits, and I had lots of birthday money I was dying to spend. The Cotton Sateen Tube Dress in Pearl Gray from Express is what I will be wearing to the COM Senior reception, while The Embellished Silk World Traveler Dress from Arden B. is for the Harbor Cruise. Stephanie and I are going shopping tomorrow so I can pick out a dress for the Senior Ball. The spendorphins are rushing already...

5.) The Complete Handbook of Novel Writing



Robbi sent me this book, and I've been making my way through it, trying to wrap my mind around the concept of writing a book. I think I'd like to try it, I just don't know how to start! So, this book has been helping me a little. Maybe one day when I have a job and my life is a little more stable I'll go to grad school for creative writing. Hmmm...

Love,

Tara

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

One of my favorites says: Time stands still best in moments that look suspiciously like ordinary life."

Nancy said...

my favorite one is ...my sister read somewhere once that if you look into your own eyes long enough in a mirror you change into the devil and it took her almost thirty years but she finally did it.

that is a true story.