2:56 pm Common Room
Well kids, we are in full party-prep mode here at the Penthouse. Maria is furiously cleaning the bathroom as I rearrange our common room furniture to accommodate 20 guests. That's right. Twenty people will be arriving at 6 pm in honor of our Friends Thanksgiving Feast. The deal is that everyone brings a dish, and we'll provide the rest. Here's the text from the invite I sent out:
THE Thanksgiving Feast Extravaganza
Because I'm thankful for all of you!!! ...well, most of the time.
Event Info
Host: Tara
Type: Holiday Party
Network: BU
Time and Place
Date: Sunday, November 23, 2008
Time: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
Description
Come to #### for our own Thanksgiving Feast. It'll give you a chance to stretch your stomachs before Thursday. If everyone brings some kind of dish, dessert, or appetizer and some alcohol we should be drunk and bloated in no time. Just write on the wall whatever you're bringing so we don't have too many of one thing. Also, invite whoever you want!
Maria and I went on a crazy shopping trip yesterday, in order to stock up on cooking supplies. I loaded up on champagne for the delicious cocktail I'm making for everyone. See below.
Cranberry Bog Cocktail (I heart foodnetwork.com).

For food, I got canned cranberry sauce, and I'm popping two and a half dozen Pillsbury Flaky rolls into the oven. I bought an apple pie at the Applefest that is thawing now, so I'll be reheating that, as well. I also found a delicious recipe for a salad and dressing. I had to like, quadruple the recipe, but it's coming out pretty well, so far.
Pear and Blue Cheese Salad

Mmm. I got both of these recipes off of foodnetwork.com. Cooking shows are all I've been watching lately. They just suck me in!
We left Christina and Noelle in charge of cooking a 23 lb. turkey because I refused to participate in the ritual slaughter of innocent animals. When Maria and I went to visit them at 1 pm, the turkey still wasn't in the oven... so we're not sure it will be done in time. It should be interesting. Maria made a delicious looking heath bar chocolate pudding/cake thing last night that I cannot wait to eat. She's also using her mom's recipe to whip up some stuffed shells. People have been calling us all day and last night to find out what we still need, so it's been kind of fun dispatching people to pick up cranberries and whipped cream and icecream. Oh man! I just forgot I still need cranberry juice for the cocktails! This party is costing a small fortune, but you can't put a price on thankfulness, right? ...Right??
I'll let you know how things go...!
Love,
Tara

No comments:
Post a Comment