Sunday, March 8, 2009
10:57 pm Not tired.
This daylight savings thing is really messing with my sleep schedule. Or maybe it's the fact that I didn't get up until 1:30 this afternoon. Hard to say. Either way, interning at B+S has forced me to try and live a healthier lifestyle. My first goal was to tackle sleeping. I've noticed (okay, people have told me) that I tend to be cranky and irritable when I don't get my beauty sleep. And it's true. When the 7 am alarm chimes on my Blackberry, my reaction usually involves a combination of crying and cursing the gods, with a whole bunch of expletives thrown in. You would think that the early morning text messages I receive from my doting parents, wishing me a sparkling day and a GMK (goodmorning kiss - * insert collective "awww" here*) would help, but I'm usually in such a foul mood I can't bring myself to respond to them until later.
So, to improve my life, I have come up with a sleep schedule. It goes along with my OCD tendencies and makes me feel like I have some sort of control over my life, even if it hasn't really helped me sleep better. After extensive research on the Internet, I have learned that adults typically need 7 to 9 hours of sleep a night, but it's different for everyone. In general, you should try not to let yourself sleep more than 9 hours in one night because that can lead to you feeling more tired the next day, and taking one nap a day is fine so long as it's only 20 minutes and not after 3 pm. You also should refrain from doing other activities in your bedroom besides sleeping (this has proved difficult since I live in a dorm), and you shouldn't watch TV or go on the computer before bed because it stimulates something and that's bad. Phew.
Anyway, just writing this post is making me sleepy because it's boring me to tears. I just haven't been able to come up with anything interesting to write about lately. Maybe I'll have a really inspiring dream tonight...
I hope for your sake I do.
Love,
Tara
Creamy White Chicken Chili (Crockpot)
2 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment