Wednesday, March 18, 2009

"This song will never get old!"

Wednesday, March 18, 2009
6:37 pm Cold.

We need to talk about the Britney Spears concert. Monday night I went to the most cracked out "circus" I've ever seen, and IT WAS SO GREAT. First of all, we decorated t-shirts with the words "Team Britney" on the front. On the back, we each wrote a word to make up the sentence "Hit Me Britney One More Time." All the high schoolers at the concert were soooo jealous.


The Pussycat Dolls opened for Brit, and I was pleasantly surprised by their performance. They actually sang, and their dancing was crazy. It made me long to be a back-up dancer. They started to sing "I Don't Need A Man," which I told Noelle I had never heard before. Noelle looked at me like I was crazy and said, "Girl, it's like your song. You would love it." I did.


After the Dolls performed, all these crazy clowns and contortionists hit the stage to entertain us while Britney waited back stage, probably finishing her Red Bull and asking God, in a Southern accent, to bring her luck. It took FOREVER for her to finally get on stage, but when she did it was amazing. People FREAKED OUT as she descended from the ceiling on a trapeze.

It's Britney, bitch...








The concert was good. She lip-synched the entire time, but that was expected. I was a little disappointed that she didn't dance more - I mean, she wasn't singing, so it wouldn't have been hard - but it was still a really cool performance.


Towards the end, she "sang" a remix to "Hit Me Baby One More Time," and as we were screaming and singing along, Noelle yelled, "This song will never get old!" It was so true.

Love her, hate her, say what you want about her...

I'm a Britney lifer.

Love,
Tara

No comments: