Tuesday, March 31, 2009

"Time isn't wasted, when you're getting wasted..."

Tuesday, March 31, 2009
7:53 pm My clean room

Today I remembered what it is like to have free time, and it is sooo nice. I didn't go into my internship, as I normally would on a Tuesday, because Micha asked me to speak to the BU accreditation committee as a representative of the College of Communication at this luncheon thing. Always a sucker for a free lunch, I agreed. So, all day, my only commitment was from noon to 1:30. The rest of the day I had all to myself, and I took full advantage.

First, I awoke around 9:30 am, after about 10 hours of sleep. I actually sat and ate a normal breakfast (cinnamon raisin bagel with cream cheese), instead of cramming a power bar down my throat as I ran out the door. I listened to music as I got dressed, and even had time to do my hair. Normally, I wear my hair straight because it's actually a less time consuming process than wearing it curly. I just wash, blow-dry, straighten, and it's "Hello, Perfect."

Wearing it curly is all about timing. First, I wash it. Then I squeeze out the excess water and comb it into a low bun. I do not towel dry because that just ruins everything. After I've gotten dressed and my hair has dried slightly, I shake it out and scrunch with mousse. Then, for the next 45 minutes, I check on it, scrunching occasionally and applying hair spray to different areas. This is tricky, too - if you over-spray, your hair comes out crunchy; if you under-spray, your hair comes out with limp waves. Once it's mostly air-dried, I put my blow-dryer on low and gently dry the rest of my hair. Today, after all this, I pulled it back from my face by popping a few bobby pins in and creating a party bump. See pics below for examples of the party bump.


A lot of girls save the party bump exclusively for parties, but I've turned it into an everyday style. In Madrid, my friend Melissa would predict whether we were going to have a good night or not literally based on whether I was wearing some sort of party bump. It's a big deal. (See how much free time I have?? I can't believe I just explained all that...)

After my hair was perfected, I walked to the luncheon, instead of sprinting down Comm. Ave to class like I usually do. The luncheon was fine, and after, I ran some errands in the Kenmore Square area. When I got back to my room I chatted online for a little, and then I went to the gym for a solid sweat sesh. After the gym, I cleaned my ridiculously messy room for the first time in like, a month, while watching "The Real Housewives of New York" reruns. After, Maria, Noelle, Sasha, and I walked over to Sunset Cantina for dinner. Over a giant plate of nachos, we discussed all of the exciting events that are coming up in April and May. Marathon Monday, Senior Week, Maria's birthday, and my birthday were discussed extensively. That was when someone quoted our new favorite song, "I Love College." Hence, the title of this post. Check out the video here. I think I've been to that party...

Now, I'm back, after taking a long, luxurious, hot shower. I've been crossing things off my checklist left and right. It's amazing what you can get done when you have time to do it. Tonight, I have plans to finish cleaning my room, and then I'm going to watching the new episode of "Real Housewives" and eat some S'mores icecream.

If only every day could be this good :)

Love,

Tara

No comments: