Monday, October 20, 2008

Just don't react.

Monday, October 20, 2008
5:41 pm My own personal hell

I CAN'T FOCUS. I've been sitting here for an hour and a half, willing myself to write. I have a story due tomorrow that I haven't started, so naturally I felt like blogging. This is after I watched every recent SNL skit I could find, and checked my email 5 times. Maybe blogging will get the creative juices flowing...or not.

Thursday night was excellent. After a good day at the internship, we got ready and everyone came over to pregame. I was still on my no drinking kick. Note the glass of water below.



An Tua Nua was pretty empty when we got there, but it quickly filled up. No one was really paying attention to the game because they were seven down in the seventh, but suddenly the DJ turned off the music and everyone started watching. Seeing the Red Sox come back was seriously one of the coolest moments in my life. Being in a crowded bar full of Red Sox fans made me feel so glad to live in Boston and to be a part of it. I had no voice the next morning from cheering so much.


Maria, Ali, Me and Erin after the win!

After they won and we all got done jumping up and down and screaming, the DJ blasted "Shipping Up to Boston" and "Sweet Caroline." It was awesome.

The rest of the night was really fun, and we didn't leave until we were kicked out around 2 am.


I woke up Friday with only 5 hours of sleep and no voice... but no hangover! Work was pretty boring (I've been doing the Art listings...), but I just kept thinking about all the kettle corn I would get to have at the Applefest. Mom and Steph picked me up from the Improper at 5:30 and we sat in traffic until we came to the first rest stop we saw for dinner.

I was exhausted when we finally got home (5 hours of sleep will do that to you), so I got into bed and painted my nails. However, I only got to do one hand before I ran out of nail polish remover, so I just gave up and went to bed.


The next morning I got all bundled up and headed to the Applefest. This weekend was absolutely beautiful, and apparently it was the "peak" for fall foliage in CT. I met up with Greg and we shuttled over to the Fest where we met up with Andrea, Kelly, Tyler, Cat, and eventually Stephanie. It was sooo good to be home. I ran into a bunch of people I know, including several of my family members.


After the Fest, Steph and I went to the toy store to visit Ang and Alyssa, and then we went home to get ready for a fam dinner at J.Gilbert's. After a huge dinner, I drove over to Kelly's to watch the Sox win, much to Greg's dismay. Then we watched Sarah Palin on SNL. If you missed it, I've posted the links below.


Sunday I woke up early with Steph so we could make an early morning Applefest run. We needed to stock up on food for school. We drove Kaitlyn to work at the toy store and then we went to CVS to pick up some prescriptions. We walked from CVS to the Fest, where I stocked up on apple cider, kettle corn, and an apple pie I'm saving for when me and my friends have our own Thanksgiving Feast before the actual Thanksgiving. I'm planning it. It's gonna be awesome.


Then Steph and I went to Garden of Light to do Dad's grocery shopping. When I got home I went back out grocery shopping with Mom, came home, ate lunch, had a financial chat with Dad, packed, and left with Steph and Dad to head back to Boston.


Dad's favorite restaurant in the world is Noodle Street, so we all stopped there for dinner before he dropped us off. It's sooo good. I think I might have my leftovers for dinner tonight...


Back at the Penthouse, I unpacked all my stuff and went downstairs to do some work with Noelle and Jess. I quickly lost interest though, because I was itching to watch the game, so I came back upstairs and watched them lose. Oh well. Thursday night was still pretty awesome.


Sweeeet Caroline! BAH BAH BAH!

Love,
Tara

What I'm reading:

New York Times: Attack of the Tomato Killers: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/12/magazine/12lives-t.html

Time: A Family Divided by Obama and McCain: http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1848811,00.html

What I'm watching:

Sarah Silverman: The Great Schlep
http://news.aol.com/elections/article/can-great-schlep-help-obama-in-florida/210927

CBS News: Matt Damon on Sarah Palin:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6urw_PWHYk

Saturday Night Live: Sarah Palin Live From New York: http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/video/clips/gov-palin-cold-open/773761/

No comments: