Monday, October 13, 2008
11:35 pm My desk
So, I just called Stephanie because I was upset about some stuff and needed advice/encouragement. She's really good at laying all the facts out and making me feel better. Last weekend, Robbi told us that when she used to get stressed out she would make herself write a Gratitude List, with 5 things she was thankful for. Steph made me do this out loud over the phone. It's kind of silly, but it really helps. Here's the list we came up with:
1.) Fire & Ice: Tonight my friend, Nora, and I had planned an event for our freshman advisees. We were going to meet on the COM Lawn and then go to Fire & Ice for college night. It's this really fun restaurant where you pick the veggies (and meat) and sauce that you want and these chefs cook it in front of you. On College Night it's $10 all you can eat. As we had expected, none of our freshmen showed up. So, I made Maria come with us, and Nora invited our friend, Mark. We randomly saw Michelle in the street and dragged her along too. It ended up being really fun eating and hanging out with everyone. And it was cheap! It was a good Monday night.
2.) Maria's Mom's nail polish: Stephanie came up with this one because she is amazed at the fact that every time she sees me (about once a week) I have a different shade of nail polish on my finger nails. Aptly named "the caboodle," Maria's mom passed on to her this giant case filled with like, 50 shades of OPI nail polish. I get excited just looking at it. Maria shares her goods with her roommates and friends, so I take full advantage. There's nothing like beautiful nails and the smell of nail polish to put you in a good mood. My current shade is Royal Rajah Ruby.
3.) Manageable work load: I'm on top of things! My To-Do list isn't out of control. My assignment calendar has things crossed off. My weekly budget is planned out, if not exactly followed. I'm not feeling very stressed at all. This may be due to the fact that...
4.) I have no class this week!: Thanks to good ol' CC (that's Christopher Columbus), we got Monday off. Tuesday then became a Monday schedule. I don't really understand the logic behind BU's decision to do this, but I don't care because I have all of my classes on Tuesdays. Therefore, I have NO class this week. I'm lovin it.
5.) I can go to COM Prom: Stephanie was iffy about whether this one counts, but here's the story. I wasn't sure when COM Prom was this year, and I was afraid I might not be able to go because Kaitlyn's play is in early November, and I have to go home for that. I found out COM Prom is Nov. 14 while I was at dinner. At first, I was thinking it was a Saturday. I'm going to Kaitlyn's play on a Friday, so I was like, okay, I'll just have to rush back to Boston Saturday morning. Then I looked at the calendar in my cell phone and realized Nov. 14 was a Friday and freaked out (to myself) because I was sure that was the Friday of Kaitlyn's play. Then I realized that it is the Friday of Kaitlyn's play, but she's performing on two Fridays, and I'm going to the first one (i.e. Nov. 7). Phew! Get it?
So, there it is. It might not seem like much, but talking about it made me feel better. And Stephanie said something that made me happy. She said that even when things are kind of tough, she's impressed that I don't give up. She said something along the lines of, "And if you do give up, you give up for like a day, and then you're like 'Okay, I have to get back to my to-do list.'" I liked that. It's nice to think that even when you're being hard on yourself there are still people who think you're doing a pretty good job.
Love,
Tara
Creamy White Chicken Chili (Crockpot)
2 years ago

1 comment:
Keep your hands out of my mother's caboodle bitch!
Post a Comment