6:22 pm I'm still in my pajamas.
Martha took away my freedom of speech!
I would love to tell you all about my first day at my internship yesterday, but I can't because as soon as I got there they spritzed me with lavender, threw me an organic cookie, and slapped me with a five page confidentiality contract. I think they may have slipped something in the herbal tea too because before I could realize the consequences of signing a confidentiality agreement, I had already signed everything and was discussing eco-friendly window treatments with the staff.

I'm exaggerating (or flat-out lying), but I really can't talk about my job on my blog anymore, which is an idea that I hadn't thought of before. Not talking about office goings-on through a public, Internet forum where anyone can see? How... professional. How...appropriate. How...mature. It feels weird.
Anyway, to be vague, the day went well, and I didn't get lost while schlepping out to Watertown at 8 in the morning. They only hired one other intern, but she works on different days than I do, so I was the young kid. I wish I could tell you more. All day ideas for things to include in my blog kept popping into my head, and then I would realize that I couldn't use them so I would grow frustrated, and then someone would tell me I looked stressed and would send me to spend time in the meditation room that Martha decorated.
I'm kidding.
Maybe.
Love,
Tara

No comments:
Post a Comment