Friday, January 2, 2009
3:26 pm It's cold here.
I'm back! Happy New Year! Why don't we all live in Florida? This is what I asked myself as the plane descended into Bradley and I saw... snow. I love snow around the holidays, but after that I could do without it. I think Grandpa and Anita have it all figured out - live in Florida from January till April, then spend the rest of the year in CT. I have big plans for when I retire...
Anyway, there is much to blog about. I have a list of ideas I came up with while I was on vacay. I shall write them throughout the week. Disney was fab, though the tan I got is pretty weak. I'll upload pictures soon.
In honor of the new year, I'm changing my blog titles. I'm not in love with the whole horoscope-for-a-title-thing, because as much as I care about my horoscope, you probably don't. It also makes it hard to go back and find old posts because the titles give no indication as to what is in the post. Sigh.
So, Kaitlyn suggested I try "quotes from the day" a la The Hills. Because anything related to reality television excites me, I thought it was a marvelous idea. And there's always a little story that goes along with each quote...
The day we left for Florida, I started saying "shwink." Why? I don't know. But whenever something good happened, I would say "shwink" - kind of in place of "score" or "sweet," except you add a single eyebrow raise. As an added bonus to using such a cool word, it drove my sisters crazy. Kaitlyn turned around pretty quickly and started it using it herself, but Stephanie would hit or flick me everytime I said it. Which was a lot. By the end of the trip, the word was being used multiple times a day, and I even created a dance to go along with it which I would perform, sometimes in public. People loved it - I mean, they didn't tell me they did, but I could tell from their expressions. Stephanie didn't like my dance and created her own, doing a variation of the march of the cards in Alice in Wonderland. I really liked her interpretation when she performed it for our parents today, hence the quote. Now I've got everyone using "shwink."
Apparently going to Disney World makes me regress to a much younger age.
SHWINK!
Tara
Creamy White Chicken Chili (Crockpot)
2 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment